Welcome to STEBI; short for Shiven Tandon on the Economy, Business strategy, and Investing.
My name is Shiven Tandon. I'm a 31 year old Chartered Accountant from Chandigarh, India.
I'm a partner at S Tandon & Associates, a 34 year old Chartered Accountancy firm, and a Director at Stan Professionals, a 25 year old consulting company.
I spend my time trying to figure out how to grow these businesses, and on how to get better at investing and writing.
Who should subscribe?
- To learn to see as an investor - get STEBI.
- To read interesting, intellectually stimulating content to better understand economies and businesses - get STEBI.
- To read in-depth equity analysis of companies listed in India - get STEBI.
Finance shouldn't be complicated.
- Take accounting (the art of keeping track),
- Add some strategy (how entrepreneurs build something of social value),
- And finally, add human behaviour to that mix.
That's it. If you learn to see through these three lenses – you understand finance, and everything that comes with it.
At the start of my career, I'd wonder who reads the overcomplicated financial reports I often faced. I still don't know the answer to that.
Stebi is my effort to make finance simple, readable, and interesting. I take up a topic, condense it to its core idea, and draft it so I understand it better, and hopefully you do too. :)
A little more about me
In my 13 year career, I've worked in accounting, audit, tax consulting, stock broking and insurance broking. This unusual path has given me a broad view about finance.
I enjoy consuming written, audio and video content – on a wide variety of topics. I love sports – I'm a Kobe Bryant and Arsenal fan. And finally, I'm a meditation evangelist. In the last 5 years, I've addressed multiple audiences on this topic. These include the students at Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh College of Architecture and Amity Business School.
I should mention here that – I've had the blessing of being a student at Sri Sathya Sai Baba's school. Everything good I've learnt comes directly from Him. He continues to be my Lord and Guru, every second of every day.
I strive to write well researched analysis, using information available in the public domain. I have no inside sources.
I do not write on behalf of or speak for any person/organisation – even if I write about them. I do not hold stocks of companies I write about, unless explicitly stated.
My personal integrity and the integrity of this site, mean a lot to me. Which is why I seek to correct my mistakes immediately, and publically. If you notice something that needs a relook, please write to me.
- I’m not a SEBI registered investment advisor.
- Please do not consider the content on this site as investment advice.
- Trading and investment done based on these articles is at your own risk.
- All writings on this website come from a combination of readings done on the internet and/or deliberation done thereupon. No knowledge in this world is original.
- What has been shared is for informational and educational purposes only.